Monday, November 03, 2008

Horrorthon'08: MINDFLESH (2008)

MINDFLESH is a low-budget British horror about a troubled taxi driver who sees a ghostly woman while out on his rounds (he never seems to actually take any fares though) and begins to get into deep trouble as he investigates.

This film is an absolute turd. Bad acting, dialogue that I can't believe was read with a straight face and generally just lots of weirdness. That's about all I can say really. In fact, it's all I want to say, since this film was so bad that reliving it just makes me angry.

The only time it ever becomes watchable (which is really saying something, given the gratuitous nudity) is when Christopher Fairbank (Moxey from AUF WIEDERSEHEN PET) shows up as a mad scientist. Well, he's not really mad, but Fairbank overacts with such delight that he pretty much feels totally insane.

MINDFLESH screened with the short film INTO THE MIRROR which certainly demonstrated promise and potential from a filmmaking perspective. It was strikingly shot on what one assumes was some very cheap equipment and while there are serious issues with the dialogue the rest of the sound design is impressive. It did however leave me wondering what the hell it was all about. It was certainly a great deal better than the shite it was paired up with.

Actually, you can make up your own mind, as I've just discovered that INTO THE MIRROR is available for viewing on YouTube - click here to see it. While you're there you can also search for a couple of MINDFLESH-related clips/trailers but frankly I wouldn't waste your time.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home