Best of 2008 (5-3)
Almost at the top - here's the next few films in my countdown of the best fifty films of last year...
5 JESUS CHRIST SAVIOUR
Documentary made up of archive footage of Klaus Kinski, arguably the maddest actor ever to chew up the screen, on an evangelical tour of Germany. It's just him on stage for most of it, but it's testament to his crazy appeal that it's still brilliant.
4 ATLANTIC
A short film by Conor Ferguson which I saw twice at last year's Cork festival and described previously as "three minutes of cinematic perfection".
3 JANEY MARY
From one heartbreaking Irish short to another. You probably remember I raved about this one at length.

And the Freakpit's choice of best two films of 2008? Find out tomorrow...
5 JESUS CHRIST SAVIOUR
Documentary made up of archive footage of Klaus Kinski, arguably the maddest actor ever to chew up the screen, on an evangelical tour of Germany. It's just him on stage for most of it, but it's testament to his crazy appeal that it's still brilliant.
4 ATLANTIC
A short film by Conor Ferguson which I saw twice at last year's Cork festival and described previously as "three minutes of cinematic perfection".
3 JANEY MARY
From one heartbreaking Irish short to another. You probably remember I raved about this one at length.

And the Freakpit's choice of best two films of 2008? Find out tomorrow...
Labels: Best of 2008, documentaries, Irish film, short films

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home