The Freakpit Concert Movie Marathon!
Okay, sorry - I've spent so much time recently during my recovery period watching other films, reading stuff and watching the World Cup (and getting the odd bit of exercise too, I should point out) that I've neglected the oh-so-important task of forcing other people to listen to my opinions.
One of the downsides to my convalescence is that I did not get to the cinema, which in turn meant I missed out on the screenings at my local independent cinemas of Julian Temple's documentary GLASTONBURY. In case you hadn't guessed, it's a documentary charting the three decades of England's famous music festival.
It's not that I'm particularly interested in the festival itself - I'm not - but I do like a good concert movie now and again. Therefore, in the absence of the aforementioned film I thought I'd settle down with a few of my own favourite concert films. The result of this is the string of blog entries you're about to see over the next week or so.
Yes, it's another Freakpit marathon, one of those ones where I spread lots of things out over a longer period to make it look like I made more of an effort writing them - one a day, probably for about the next week or so. Sort of like I did with the BLIND DEAD films only this time there isn't a horse-riding zombie in sight. Mind you, with some of the antics that prog rock bands used to get up to on stage you might not bet against it.
I'll draw the line at concerts though - strictly concert movies only, not any other form of music-based films. My reason for that is simple enough. Plenty of films have been made to showcase a particular band or artist, but if I decide to cover them then I'll inevitably end up writing about CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC, the early-1980s debacle starring the Village People - and believe me, that's a memory that none of us want reminded of. Except that I just did. Sorry.
So what's first? Join me tomorrow and find out! (Oooh, I'm such a tease)
Labels: documentaries, Music on film

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home