Monday, September 29, 2008

Stranger Than Fiction 2008


If you've just popped in to read my thoughts from the weekend's festival (Stranger Than Fiction documentary festival at the Irish Film Institute in Dublin) then I apologise for not having prepared anything. I guess if you're a regular reader you'll be used to this by now.

But look! There's a photo above which I took, even if it is just a picture of the poster in the IFI's lobby, which you can see much better on the STF website anyway.

I will try to have something ready this week just so you can hear all about it. Or maybe you were there yourself, in which case please feel free to leave a comment on this blog and thus do my job for me. I saw at least one person furiously scribbling notes throughout the festival, so there's at least one review out there somewhere. And it'll probably be better than mine.

I'm kind of hoping that someone might write something about the two winners of the short film awards before I get round to posting about them too, just to hide my shame at the fact that I've forgotten which of them won. I recall that TERMINAL COMMUNICATION got a special mention but didn't win; I think the two winners were GOD AND NAPOLEON and WALKING DREAMS, but I can't remember which one was the jury prize and which one was the audience award. Sorry. Come on, it's not like I'm doing this as a profession or anything.

Actual film coverage should appear later this week.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home