A drunken happening
Okay, I've been too lazy to write anything for a few days, so why not get someone else to do it for me?
A while back, I made a comment about M. Night Shyamalan's film THE HAPPENING in an email to a friend of mine. Alas, when he decided to respond to my email he'd just got back from a night out and was rather drunk.
That didn't stop him typing at length however, and one paragraph in particular filled me with such delight that I just had to reprint it here (yes, I did get his permission... once he'd sobered up). It's like gonzo journalism for the blogging age.
I should also state that I in no way condone the excessive use of alcohol, whether in pursuit of blogging greatness or not.
Anyway, here's that review, reprinted in its entirety, without any editing from me - because the crazy typing is where its drunken charm lies, really.
The Happening was a pile of shite, and i cant believ i actuakly wasted time watching it! Mark Whalberg, what was hw doing? Cause it wasnt acting!!! "I'm talking to a plastic plant! I'm still doing it!" WTF????? I didnt even enjoy it on a it's so bad its good kind og
f level. One of the worst films ever! M Night Symamthingy should justr give up now!!!
Brilliant. In the same email he did also write Firslty, Ghostbusters II is great! It's almost as good as the first one. It was on chanel 5 last weekend. You've just got t love the Statue of liberty 'higher and higher' bit, which is one of cinema's greatest ever moments!!! so make up your own mind as to whether that makes his opinion more or less valuable.
For what it's worth, I do recommend watching THE HAPPENING, precisely because it is so mind-bendingly awful that it is outrageously enjoyable. Evidently my drunken friend disagrees.
A while back, I made a comment about M. Night Shyamalan's film THE HAPPENING in an email to a friend of mine. Alas, when he decided to respond to my email he'd just got back from a night out and was rather drunk.
That didn't stop him typing at length however, and one paragraph in particular filled me with such delight that I just had to reprint it here (yes, I did get his permission... once he'd sobered up). It's like gonzo journalism for the blogging age.
I should also state that I in no way condone the excessive use of alcohol, whether in pursuit of blogging greatness or not.
Anyway, here's that review, reprinted in its entirety, without any editing from me - because the crazy typing is where its drunken charm lies, really.
The Happening was a pile of shite, and i cant believ i actuakly wasted time watching it! Mark Whalberg, what was hw doing? Cause it wasnt acting!!! "I'm talking to a plastic plant! I'm still doing it!" WTF????? I didnt even enjoy it on a it's so bad its good kind og
f level. One of the worst films ever! M Night Symamthingy should justr give up now!!!
Brilliant. In the same email he did also write Firslty, Ghostbusters II is great! It's almost as good as the first one. It was on chanel 5 last weekend. You've just got t love the Statue of liberty 'higher and higher' bit, which is one of cinema's greatest ever moments!!! so make up your own mind as to whether that makes his opinion more or less valuable.
For what it's worth, I do recommend watching THE HAPPENING, precisely because it is so mind-bendingly awful that it is outrageously enjoyable. Evidently my drunken friend disagrees.
Labels: horror, science fiction films

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home