Monday, February 18, 2008

Awards again: thanks, IFTA

So the Golden Globes put me £2.79 up, then the BAFTAs took me back down to £1.72 in the red. I know, I'm playing with big money here.

Well my awards season gambling frenzy took another turn for the better last night thanks to those lovely folks at the IFTA awards. That's like BAFTA, but Irish. See if you can work out what the acronym stands for.

Anyway, thanks to young Saoirse Ronan (that lass from ATONEMENT) picking up a rising star award and the excellent GARAGE picking up a couple of awards, I'm now back in profit again. The betting pot currently stands at £15.13 in the black. Hurrah. Next up, the Razzies.

Irish film GARAGE is released in the UK next month, and if you don't go and see it then you're an idiot and you should be banned from watching films ever again. Okay, that's a bit harsh, but you really should check it out all the same.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Freakpit,
Why oh why do you not post more about the genius of Vangelis and his influence on cinema? I also notice a blind eye being turned to the criminally under appreciated genre of breakdancing films.

11:03 pm  
Blogger Alan said...

I am waiting for the inevitable day when someone crafts a new masterpiece of cinema that combines both breakdancing and the works of Vangelis. Until that day, the closest you'll get is my recent post about how much I don't really like BLADE RUNNER. And you know I'm right about that too.

9:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home