Freakpit Oscar Diary 2008 - the end
And we're in the home stretch. Here's how the rest of the night/morning unfolds...
04:24 Harrison Ford seems a little... out of it, or something. Anyway, no surprise to see him hand the original screenplay award to Diablo Cody, who looks ridiculous, but wrote a pretty decent screenplay.
04:33 Best Actor goes to Daniel Day-Lewis. No surprise, and totally deserved.
04:42 If Best Director goes to anyone except the Coens, I'm wiped out.
04:43 Phew. I still think it'll be a hefty loss overall though. I'm pretty sure this is the first time the director award has gone to two people. For whatever it's worth.
04:45 Best Film is...
04:46 NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. It's a good film, but I wouldn't have picked it. Thankfully I had money on that one too though, so now I should only be facing a fair sized loss rather than a huge one. I really should stop betting on this stuff.
04:51 It's all over. I made a loss of £19.82 which, once again, is squarely down to the Julie Christie thing. Just like the bloody BAFTAs. End total? Loss of £4.94.
04:53 I'm away to bed. I'm going to work tomorrow. Good night.
Labels: oscars

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home